What challenges have you had to overcome in your life? Has running played an integral role in helping you face those challenges? If so, here’s your chance to receive the ultimate TCS New York City Marathon experience.
If you live within the five boroughs of New York City and you’re an entrant in the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon, we invite you to apply to be a part of this year’s Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge, a race within the TCS New York City Marathon. The Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge team will include five runners—one from each borough of New York City—who have drawn inspiration from running in order to face significant challenges in their lives.
Learn more and apply by May 30, 2017, to represent your borough.
This is your chance to take your 2017 TCS New York City Marathon experience to a higher level and show your pride in your borough, while bringing awareness to the challenges that you’ve faced. Whether it’s overcoming cancer, beating an addiction, or finding the time to balance a career, running, and family, we want to hear your story!
The Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge team will be treated as VIPs during TCS New York City Marathon week and on race day! You’ll have your very own start time and access to VIP tents, and you and the team will be featured on the WABC television broadcast. The runner who finishes with the fastest time will become the 2017 Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge champion and win a Tiffany & Co. trophy—and citywide bragging rights.
To qualify for the Foot Locker Five Borough Challenge, you must:
- Be an accepted entrant in the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon
- Currently reside in one of the five New York City boroughs: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, or Staten Island
- Be able to complete the Marathon between 3:30:00 and 4:00:00
Responsibilities of Challenge Team members include:
- Committing to running the first 13.1 miles of the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon with the Challenge Team (after that, you’re free to run alone or stay with the group)
- Availability at select times during race week to participate in a pre-race media event
- Availability for pre-race promotional opportunities including group runs (dates TBD)
Applications are due on or before May 30, 2017.